Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Oh, what a difference green makes!

Last weekend I went with a friend and her family to the opening round of the NCAA men's basketball tournament in Tulsa. I knew it would be a challenge eating even remotely healthy on the first day because we would be there from about 10:00 am to 10:00 pm. It was even harder than I thought! The only vegetarian items available were so unhealthy. I did take my trail mix and had that, but I needed more...so I indulged. I felt so gross soon after a cheese nachos encounter. (I think that "cheese" is just some chemical goo...blech!) I can't even remember now what all I ate throughout the weekend, but it was NOT healthy while at the BOK Center! We did eat out one night and had a really great meal with good protein and veggies, and we had healthy snacks at my friend's place so it wasn't a total bust. The high point was when I found that Quik Trip carries Green Juice by the brand Naked, which is all nature. I was so excited to have some green juice again! Yummy! That's all I had yesterday until about 2:30 pm.

I've strayed quite a bit since the cleanse ended and have only gained back three pounds. I honestly thought it would be worse after this weekend...I had already gained two by then. But starting today at lunch I'm pretty much cleansing again for a week or so. It's really telling when your body feels so different eating a primarily vegan diet as opposed to making allowances for cheese, cheese and more cheese. I'm ready to be green again!

No comments:

Post a Comment