Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 16

Morning

I honestly can't believe I've managed to keep this up for 16 days! It really hasn't been that hard...definitely not as hard as I was expecting. I realize now, I was way overeating prior to this! Even the "healthy" stuff! It's strange how I almost can't start the day without my lemon/cayenne water now, as well as meditation and some stretching. I had my normal 32 ounces of green juice throughout the morning, as well as some chai tea and aloe vera water. Pretty much business as usual...


Lunch

A glorious salad (of course) with a new dressing - Annie's Goddess dressing...umm, I may have found a new addiction. This stuff is da bomb! I also had the rest of my Mediterranean quinoa. Made a Whole Foods run after I ate and got a cup of decaf coffee to sip on while shopping. I've really been missing coffee. I bought some to keep at home (organic, decaf), but that doesn't help at the office. I'm not anti-caffeine, especially in small amounts and not being dependent on it, and I will likely resume it in that way once I've completed this cleanse.
Here's an interesting note from the documentary, The Beautiful Truth - "The liver is easily overburdened by the continuous release of toxins and is unable to release the load. Dr. Gerson found that he could provide help to the liver by the caffeine in coffee, absorbed from the colon via the hemorrhoidal vein, which carries the caffeine to the portal system and then to the liver. The caffeine stimulates the liver/bile ducts to open, releasing the poisons into the intestinal tract for excretion."


Snacks

Around 3:30 I had a little of my homemade trail mix. Then around 4:15 I had some gluten free crackers (the ranch flavored nut thins - so yummy!). I might've had a few too many...they're so good! Oops! :)


Evening

Power Yoga! I avoided the back stuff that might have caused the problem last week. It was a tough workout, but I'm definitely getting a little stronger and more flexible (for the most part). After working out, dry brushing and a quick shower, I had a friend come over to try some apple/beet juice and watch Annie Hall (one of my favorite movies!). While she had juice, which she loved, I made a tostada kind of meal - corn tortila (basically a broken taco shell) with some guacamole, pico de gallo, lettuce, vegan cheese and salsa verde. So freakin' good! Had a few chips and pico on the side. I had intended to make this with black beans as well, but I was out, so I did a shot of amino acid juice before eating. :) Then we each had 3 bites of dark chocolate. Halfway through the movie I made us some fresh Ginger Ale as a mocktail. Awesome evening - good food and drinks, great movie and wonderful company! Hard to beat that.

Meditation then bed...Green dreams all!

1 comment: