Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 15

Morning

Still holding strong at 9 pounds (lost). I've lost an inch off my waist (at the belly button) since last week - that's an inch and a half total. And I've lost 1/2 inch off of the biggest part of my lower abdomen since last week - that's also an inch and a half total. I'm pretty happy with those results...but still so ready to get down a bit closer to my goal weight. Patience grasshopper...I know, I know...Speaking of grasshoppers, I look forward to my green drink each morning. Who would've ever thought that would happen?!

I slept a little late this morning due to the headache from last night...took me a while to fall asleep. I woke up at 7:00 and did everything but my morning pages, which will have to be evening pages today.

Lunch

Leftovers rock! I ate a little of the vegan, mock chicken salad, a quinoa dish and a beautiful salad. I think when this cleanse ends, I'll still stick to this lifestyle for the majority of the time, especially during the week. I like to have a routine...when I don't, things tend to go to far in the wrong direction. Plus, it's so nice to be proud of taking care of yourself and accomplishing something - weight loss, better health, getting stronger, more flexible, more relaxed, more confident, more open...the list goes on.

Snacks

I had the tiny bit of the mock chicken salad that was left with a couple of crackers. Then I had some awesome trail mix that I made, comprised of sunflower and pumpkin seeds, a mixture of raw nuts - macadamia nuts, almonds, cashews and walnuts - and cacao nibs and dried gogi berries. I went pretty light on the nuts and let the seeds and sweet stuff make up the majority of the mixture. Cacao is full of antioxidants and gogi berries are also high in antioxidants, minerals and amino acids. Both are sweet and yummy, especially mixed in with the nuts and seeds. I added a touch of Celtic sea salt and boom! Delish trail mix!

Evening

Yoga - 50 minutes. I'm getting a bit more flexible, except for my inner thighs, which have always been tight. I feel a little stronger as well. I think I'm ready to do the power yoga tomorrow night. I'll just go easy on the back exercises. I'm really ready to start running again...I've got to figure out how/when to work that in soon as well.

Dinner - I made an awesome veggie sandwich on gluten free bread with some corn chips and salsa on the side. A couple of dark chocolate squares for dessert made it a near perfect meal for my tastes.

I did my "morning" pages after dinner. Kind of strange doing them at night, but I think they're important, so even when I miss them in the morning, I'm still going to find time to get them written each day. I need all the help I can get with mental clutter! :) Next was dry brushing before a nice hot bath with lavender essential oil, and meditation afterwards...such a great way to wind down.

Green dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment