Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 13

Morning

I got up at 7:30 this morning to do most of my morning routine...changing things up a bit for a 9:00 massage appointment. I started with meditation, then the neti pot, next I made my green juice and read today's CSD page (so timely...just what I needed to read this morning). :) After my wonderful massage (good Lord, was I tight...definitely going to make this a monthly treat for my bod), I did my morning pages and had my lemon/cayenne water. I'm supposed to be meeting a couple of friends for a picnic by White Rock Lake at 12:30...I sure hope the sun decides to join us! It's still a bit chilly right now!

So, how crazy is this?! The scale that I was cursing yesterday must have heard me because today it said I was down 4 pounds from yesterday! That's crazy! I've decided yesterday was just a weight/scale anomaly. The net net (good God, I've been in marketing too long) is that I've lost one pound since Thursday, which makes much more sense...not sure what was up with those other three pounds...just glad they're gone!

Lunch

Sure enough, the sun made an appearance at our picnic...so did the wind. All in all it was really nice though. There's nothing like enjoying a beautiful day outside with friends! I got a salad, some Mediterranean quinoa, and vegan, mock chicken salad from Whole Foods. All very yummy.

No snacks needed today. Instead, around snack-time, I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond and got a few nice, new kitchen supplies - a strainer that extends across the sink, a bamboo cutting board, a mandolin for slicing veggies different ways (the one I got came with four different blades - can't wait to try it out), some of those green reusable bags for storing veggies, and a set of fit & fresh brand containers - two little ones that fit in a bigger one and it comes with a thing you can freeze to keep everything cool; also the little boxes have measurements on them. But...I'm still on the hunt for a Bento box! I've found some really cool ones online...probably should just order one.

Evening

I broke out the leftovers from lunch before catching a hilarious movie (Cedar Rapids) with a friend. I can't even tell you how much and how hard we laughed! So much fun!
Prior to the movie I talked to her a bit about The China Study and I realized I need to keep all that to myself, or put it here or discuss it with folks who are interested in the same thing...at least until I can express myself better. I knew I'd be okay discussing it with her (she's very open-minded) and she was great about listening to me ramble on. But it later occurred to me that the topic of nutrition and it's correlation to health is almost as explosive as bringing up religion or politics with most people...somehow it strikes at the very core of who we are and defensiveness ensues. I don't want to instigate that! Just want to spread the peace, love and greens!
Think I'll do some dry brushing and take a long hot bath with a book now.

No comments:

Post a Comment