Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 6

February 19, 2011

Morning

My first weekend day on the cleanse! And I took advantage of sleeping in. I really planned to get up around 7:30, but I didn't set an alarm (on purpose) to let my body catch up on whatever sleep it needs. Apparently I was off by an hour. I woke up at 8:30. I got about 10 hours of sleep! But I really needed it...don't feel guilty about what it did to my morning. I actually had to work today (not my normal job) - judging a writing contest for a UIL competition for DISD. I love when I'm asked to participate in those. It's so interesting to read a kid's point of view on life! So, I didn't leave myself enough time to do all my normal morning routine. Basically I skipped my morning pages (will do them later in the day and I forgot to dry brush), but I did my lemon/cayenne water, 10 minutes of meditation, used the neti pot and drank 16 oz of green juice. Oh yeah, I lost three more pounds today! That's seven total!

Lunch

Boxed lunches were provided to us and I had ordered veggie one ahead of time, but the bread in the veggie sandwich wasn't gluten free. I was pretty hungry so I allowed myself this cheat. I didn't eat all the bread anyway. I brought some gluten free crackers and raw nuts to eat with it in place of the provided chips and cookie.

Snacks

A few nuts in the afternoon (didn't check the time as I was so busy grading papers).

Evening

5:30 Finished the remaining 16 oz of green juice

6:30 WF's cilantro pesto tofu and the CSD quinoa recipe (made a fresh batch of this yummy grub!) I might've eaten too much too quickly - very full!

Used the neti pot again this evening since everyone around me is having a hard time with allergies and I've been a little stopped up the last couple of days. I didn't get any dry brushing done today and I only wrote one page of morning pages while proctoring the contest. But...I had an amazing meditation experience. I did a yoga breathing practice that's supposed to be really good for sinuses (as well as lungs) called kapalabhati. Basically you exhale forcefully through your nose (quickly) and passively inhale, more as a reaction to the exhalation than anything. It's done very quickly. I didn't do it very long before getting high - on oxygen! It was awesome! I started it after about 6-7 minutes of regular meditation and I did more meditation afterward, and it's the first time my mind didn't wander. My whole body was tingling and felt totally alive...it's hard to describe in words. I know how this sounds, but I don't care! Don't knock it 'till you've tried it. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment