Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 8

February 21, 2011

I can't believe I made it a whole week! I've never stuck to something this comprehensive for an entire week! Pathetic I know, but true. I'm very proud and more determined than ever to complete 21 days.

Morning

Woke up at 6:05 and followed my normal routine -

-lemon/cayenne water

-morning pages

-meditation (12 mins)

-net pot

-dry brushing

-16 oz green juice

I miscalculated my weight loss earlier this week (I'm blaming it on brain fog) - I've lost a total of 6 pounds as of today. I've lost 1/2 inch off of my belly (belly button level) and a full inch from the biggest part of my lower abdomen (that's the part that needs the most work!).

-decaf teas throughout the morning...I finally found a decaf chai tea...all is right with the world now. But I won't lie - I miss coffee. I need to get a good decaf one...

Lunch

12:30 - my new standard lunch - big homemade salad and a quinoa dish (the CSD one is still my fav. I've started playing with it though and adding in a couple of other veggies.) I was so excited to chew again! I feel like my jaws got a workout after my big, crunchy salad! :)

A word (or more) on salads - Salads get a bad rap. They're often preceded by a "should" when ordered, as in "I should really get a salad, but..." There’s a certain freedom and fun, (not to mention creativity), to building a gorgeous salad as long as you have a lot of veggies to choose from and try different dressings to change it up. The CSD book has many good dressing recipes. My frig is crazy stocked with veggies right now and I almost feel like I’m shopping when I open the door each night to build my salad for the next day. After perusing my choices I pick and choose whatever I’m in the mood for or whatever color combinations I think would look best or I just throw pretty much everything into the bowl (those are usually my favs) and switch up the dressing from time to time. Flaxseeds are a wonderful, healthy topping in addition to chickpeas for protein and I always spruce it up with cracked pepper before I consume. Ok, I’ll hop off my pedestal now, just remember – when you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Took my supplements with lunch. I forget to mention them, but I take them each day. There's a digestive enzyme that is recommended to take before eating, but I can never seem to remember it...I also use aloe vera juice 2-3 times a day (a tsp in a glass of water) and I usually forget to mention that as well...maybe I'll post my checklist here...

Snacks

3:30 - 16 oz of green juice
4:00 - a few gluten-free crackers. It turns out my favorite crackers are gluten free - Blue Diamond Nut Thins (almond flavor). Yay!

Evening

Rodney Yee's Total Body Yoga DVD rules! It's challenging without being overwhelming and it's a really good workout - plenty of strength and flexibility moves. I think it's about 50 mins long...not sure. I did that when I got home from work and then had the soup I made yesterday with some crackers and hummus. I added some avocado to the soup, which made it so much better. I drank a lot of water throughout the evening and I gotta be honest, I felt constipated for the rest of the night. Yuck!

I did another round of dry brushing before taking a nice hot bath and did 12 minutes of meditation before bed, which was hard because I still felt so full...maybe it's the water...

No comments:

Post a Comment