Thursday, February 17, 2011

Day 3

February 16, 2011

Morning

Slept a little better, but still not really used to 6:00 am…make that 6:10 this morning. I made a checklist yesterday and now my morning is getting to be more routine, which is easier for me –

-lemon/cayenne water
-morrning pages
-10 mins meditation
-neti pot
-get ready – including dry brushing
-juice – this morning I had to make a different juice because I’m out of some of the green juice ingredients. So, I consulted a couple of my juicing books and found one with green stuff (kale, broccoli, and I added dandelion) in addition to carrots, one apple, and one beet. Looked gross, but taste good! I’m making a Whole Foods run at lunch and going to build a big, beautiful salad there…love their salad bar! Oh yeah, lost another pound, down 4 total!

-Throughout the morning – green tea (1 cup caff), herbal tea (berry detox – so yummy!) and mixed a tsp of aloe vera juice in with one of my glasses of water. (completely forgot about that the other days). It’s known as an immunity booster and helps with digestive issues. If you use it, start off in very small doses as it loosens the bowels pretty quickly. :) Won’t go into detail, but I’m already feeling lighter.

I experienced some hunger this morning , most notably by a growling stomach, but I’m having zero blood sugar issues and no weakness or feeling drained. So, as long as those symptoms don’t exist, I know the growling stomach is just a feeling of discomfort from a tummy that’s used to getting stuffed at will. The whole scenario kind of reminds me of a crying child that’s bawling simply for attention but nothing’s actually wrong. As the adult, you have to pay close enough attention to know when something is really wrong or when the baby just wants some attention.

Lunch

A salad does not have to be comprised primarily of lettuce/spinach. I just had created the most amazing one from the Whole Food’s salad bar! It was a rainbow of veggies – greens (romaine, spinach, kale), cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, carrots, bell peppers of every color, mushrooms, purple cabbage, chickpeas, and a few soy nuts; added some dressing and pepper and bam! Awesome lunch served! I made so much that I already have my afternoon snack ready. The only down side of the Whole Foods venture was the supplements section…turns out not all Whole Foods are created equal. They don’t all carry the exact same supplements. I was looking for some Braggs amino acids (called for in some recipes) and some E3Live (Superfood supp) and couldn’t find either, but I’ve seen them at another store. Off to the Lakewood store tonight…

Dinner

Had some organic miso soup from Whole Foods at home, so I made that and added some zucchini and shitake mushrooms. I also made a Mediterranean quinoa recipe from the CSD book. Both were so freakin’ delish!

I did yoga right after work (before dinner) and OMG am I tight! It’s embarrassingly bad. I didn’t even do a “hardcore” routine…so sad. Oh well, what are you gonna do?! Keep doing it and be excited about the progress. As a certified perfectionist, control freak I have to constantly remind myself – progress, not perfection! Sometimes I think perfection is as dangerous an addiction as drugs…

No time for another Whole Foods trip tonight. After yoga and dinner, I did another round of dry brushing and took a long, hot shower. I was amazed at how smooth my skin was, especially my legs, after the shower. Usually I’m jonesin’ for the lotion because I’m so dry after shaving, but tonight, even before lotion, my legs were so smooth. The first time you dry brush, it’s really eye opening to see all the dead skin cells we’re carrying around. Blech! This is definitely something I can keep up with long term. After the shower I prepared my salad for tomorrow and cleaned up all the juicer parts and took my supplements and read a bit more from CSD. I won’t lie - this cleanse is time consuming if you do all of it. Preparing your food is the biggest portion of it, but there’s a lot more to do if you stay on track with everything. A small price to pay I guess for 21 days! I mean 21 days…in the grand scheme of things...that’s nothing. I just hope most, if not all of these habits stick in the long term. :) Off to meditate and go to bed (by 10:00). Hey! I just realized I didn't take my allergy/sinus pill today and I can still breathe. Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment